2012 Drayton Fair
Ambassador of The Fair Competition
Who will be the next Ambassador of the fair?
Competition Date: Wednesday, August 8, 2012.
8:00 pm at the Drayton Chop House.
To be eligible to compete:
1. Contestants, male or female must be 17 years of age or over by August 1, 2012.
2. Contestants must be a resident of Mapleton Township or surrounding area.
3. Contestants will be interviewed by a panel of 3 judges. Contestants are required to give a two to three-minute speech on Agriculture, Agricultural Societies or some aspect of the Drayton Fair.
4. Contestants will be judged on their interview and speech, community knowledge and involvement, personality, appearance, deportment and presentation.
5. Contestants must be available to carry out duties during at least one of the three fair dates. Contestants are asked to disclose any scheduling conflicts prior to the competition. The Ambassador is expected to participate in Fair events. The Ambassador will represent the Drayton Mapleton Agricultural Society at various functions in the community.
6. The winner (Ambassador) will represent the Drayton Mapleton Agricultural Society at the next year's (2012) Canadian National Exhibition Ambassador of the Fairs Contest. The Ambassador is to represent the Drayton and Mapleton Agricultural Society at the Annual Convention of the Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies in February 2012.
7. Bursaries of $500.00 to the Ambassador, $250.00 to the Runner Up, and $100.00 to each contestant will be awarded by the Drayton Mapleton Agricultural Society. All bursaries including the Ambassador will be available to each contestant on Sunday August 7, 2012.
If you are interested in competing or would like to nominate someone,
Please contact Shelda Morphy 519-638-5022 firstname.lastname@example.org
Elaine Cheesmond 519-638-5729
Erica Zantinge 519-638-3323
Entry deadline is July 9th, 2012.