2011 Drayton Fair
Class FF - LEISURE ARTS & CRAFTS
DIRECTORS: Helen Moffat - 519-638-2493, Enid Whale, Ann Whale,
Jean Brodhaecker, Stephanie Naylor, Connie Walker
Exhibits must be in place between 6:30 - 8:30pm Thursday, August 4th or between 8:30 - 11:00 am Friday, August 5th. Doors close 3:30 pm Sunday. Removal time 4:00 pm. Sunday
RULES: All articles must be made and owned by the exhibitor. All old, defaced or soiled work will be discarded in favour of new or up-to-date work. All articles shown for the previous two years are not eligible for a prize. All small articles must be mounted. All quilts must be at least double size (72" X 90", minimum 324" measured on the perimeter) unless otherwise stated.
Quilts & Bedroom Prizes: 1st - $8.00, 2nd - $5.00, 3rd- $4.00
1. Quilt, cotton, hand quilted
2. Sampler Quilt - every block a different pattern
3. Quilt, solid colour, hand quilted
4. Quilt, exhibitor's choice
5. Quilt, machine quilted
6. Quilt, using pre-printed material
7. Sample quilt block - pieced, appliqued, or embroidered
Must be at least 12½" X 12½" (31cmX 31xcm) mounted and named
Grand Champion Quilt - hand quilted - prize - $10.00
Reserve Champion Quilt - hand quilted - prize - $5.00
Grand Champion Quilt - machine quilted - prize - $10.00
Reserve Champion Quilt - machine quilted - prize - $5.00
8. Quilt top only (not quilted)
9. Quilt or comforter, tied
10. Quilted wall hanging, ready to hang, not less than 18" square
11. Crib quilt, child's nursery design (pre-printed fabric) hand quilted
12. Crib quilt, pieced and tied
13. Crib quilt, pieced and either hand or machine quilted
14. Lap quilt, larger than 36" X 40"
15. Debbie Oxby Special: Prizes: 1st $8.00, 2nd $5.00, 3rd -$2.00
A) Child's quilt, single bed size
B) Appliqued Quilt, full size
Living Room Prizes 1st - $4.00, 2nd - $3.00, 3rd - $2.00
16. Afghan, knit - minimum 45" X 60" (112cm X 150Cm) or larger
17. Afghan, crochet - minimum 45"X 60" (112cm X 150cm) or larger
18. Afghan, made from squares or strips, knit or crochet
19. Lap Afghan, not more than 3' X 4' (90cm X 120cm)
20. Cushion, knit or crochet
21. Cushion, practical, washable fabric
22. Cushion, using panel, Theme of the fair - "Farming through the years"
23. Cushion, for a child's room
24. Scatter Rug - Any method
25. An article of counted cross-stitch, not a picture, e.g. finger towel or pillow
26. Quilted Wall Hanging, machine quilted ready to hang
27. Crochet doily, not more than 12" (30cm), mounted
28. Crochet Centerpiece, over 15" (38cm), mounted
29. An article using a "Thanksgiving" theme
30. Picture with pressed flowers - framed, ready to hang
Dining Room & Kitchen Prize: 1st - $4.00, 2nd - $3.00, 3rd - $2.00
31. Bridge cloth, approximately 39" square
32. Casserole Cover
33. 2 Pot Holders, practical, different designs
34. 2 Pot Holders, decorative, different designs
35. Article made from Terry Towel and 1 Knitted dish cloth
36 a) Two place mats, crochet or knit, any theme
b) Two place mats, quilted, any theme
37. An article of Embroidery on fabric
38. Fabric Table Runner
39. Table Centerpiece "Local Produce From the County"
Clothing for the Family Prizes: 1st $4.00, 2nd $3.00, 3rd $2.00
40. Bib style apron, ladies' or men's
41. Apron, any style, for any holiday occasion, men's or ladies'
42. 1/2 Apron
43. Costume - any theme
44. Blouse, skirt, culottes, shorts or slacks, any fabric
45. Vest, can use pre-printed fabric
46. Any Nightwear article or Boxer Shorts
47. Something useful from something useless (fabric only)
48. Dress, any fabric
49. Amy smocked finished article
50. Decorated Sweatshirt - decorating only to be judged
51. Garden or Sun Hat, fabric or straw, decorated
52. Child's dress
53. You have just completed and excellent piece of work, only to find there is no section to show it in? Please enter it here.
Knitting Prizes: 1st - $4.00, 2nd - $3.00, 3rd - $2.00
54. Ladies Sweater
55. Sweater, cardigan, adult
56. Sweater, more than one colour, adult
57. Scarf and Hat, knit from novelty yarn (e.g. Boa)
58. Sweater, adult or child's, short sleeve or shell
59. Men's Vest
60. Mitts, one pair, any style
61. Poncho or prayer shawl
62. Socks, one pair
63. Hat, Toque or Snowmobile Mask
64. Baby Shawl or Carriage Cover
65. Baby Outfit, two pieces (sweater and hat), newborn to 1 year, displayed in a box
66. Child's sweater or cardigan
67. Slippers, adult or youth, plain or decorated
68. Any other knitted article.
Crocheting Prizes: 1st - $4.00, 2nd - $3.00, 3rd - $2.00
69. Baby Outfit, two pieces, (sweater and hat), newborn to 1 year, displayed in a box
70. Baby's Shawl or Carriage Cover
71. Prayer Shawl, at least 54" long X 18" wide
72. Crocheted poncho
73. Any other crochet article.
Senior Citizens (60 plus) Prizes: 1st - $4.00, 2nd - $3.00, 3rd - $2.00
No membership fee / entry fee required
74. Knit article
a) eg. Adult sweater, shawl, large doily etc.
b) eg. Mitts, socks, hat, dishcloth, hand towel, etc.
75. Crocheted article
76. Article made from wood
77. A Scrap booking page, theme "Grandchildren", at least three pictures
78. Any article using fair theme for 2011, "Farming Through the Years"
79. Article from men's or women's favourite hobby, not listed above
Talent Table Prizes: 1st - $4.00, 2nd - $3.00, 3rd - $ 2.00
80. Doll Outfit, any size, displayed on a doll, sewn, knit or crocheted
81. Stuffed Animal, suitable for a child's room, any material
82. Stuffed Bear, any medium, any size
83. Article made from plastic canvas, over 5" (12cm)
84. Counted Cross Stitch Picture, over 15" (38cm), not including mat and frame, ready to hang
85. Counted Cross Stitch Picture, under 15" (38cm), not including mat and frame, ready to hang
86. Thanksgiving Decoration
87. Stained Glass item
88. Halloween Decoration, hand made
89. Memory book page, scrap booking, theme "Spring", at least 3 pictures
90. Memory book page, scrap booking, theme "Fall", at least 3 pictures
91. An article of hand made Jewelry
92. Any article of hand Embroidery
93. Yard or Garden Decoration
94. Any article of Bead Work
95. Decoration, using Local Produce, 2011 theme of Fair, "Farming Through the Years"
96. Decorated flowerpot or jar, not Christmas theme
97. 3 handmade articles, different techniques, for a bazaar, displayed in a box or container
98. Shopping Bag, made of fabric
99. Penmanship, on 8½" X 11" paper - NO PRINTING - use this verse
The Goldenrod is yellow;
By Helen Hunt Jackson
The corn is turning brown;
The trees in apples orchards
With fruit are bending down.
The gentian's bluest fringes
Are curling in the sun;
In dusky pods the milkweed
Its hidden silk has spun.
The sedges flaunt their harvest
In every meadow-nook;
And asters by the brookside
Make asters in the brook.
From dewy lanes at morning
The grape's sweet odors rise;
At noon the roads a flutter
With yellow butterflies.
By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer's best of weather,
And autumn's best of cheer
100. Article made of wood, decorative
101. Woodworking Article
102. Welcome Door Decoration , not a wreath
103. Gift Basket - your choice of three kitchen handmade items from coordinating fabric. EG. oven mitts, pot holders, tea cozy, hot dish carrier, place mats etc.
104. Collection of 3 handmade greeting cards
105. a)Have you just completed an excellent piece of work, only to find there is no section to show it in? Then please enter it here.
&nbps;&nbps;&nbps;&nbps;b) Have you started an article which is not complete - then show it here
Art & Photography Prizes: 1st - $4.00, 2nd - $3.00, 3rd - $2.00
Drawings and paintings should be framed for hanging. Photos should be
mounted and labelled on cardboard or firm backing, except where otherwise specified.
106. Oil painting, any subject
107. Acrylic Painting, any subject
108. Drawing or Sketch, any subject, in black and white
109. Landscape Painting
110. Studio Factor Special: Prizes -1st $5.00, 2nd - $3.00, 3rd - $2.00
Oil or Acrylic painting, "Family" - eg. human, animals, birds
Photography - No Computer Enhancements or Effects Are Permitted
111. Photography - 2 photos of farming activity
112. Photography - 1 close-up face of a live animal
113. Photography - 2 photos, digital, of "Gardenscape" - flowers
114. Photography - 1 photo, of grandparent(s) with granchild or granchildren
115. Photography - "Oh Canada" a scenic view - 2 different prints - name the place
116. Photography - "The Colour Red" - 1 print
117. Photography - 2 Photos of "A View from My Back Door"
118. Dianne Schieck Special: Prizes: 1st - $5.00, 2nd - $3.00, 3rd - $2.00
3 photos of children with animals
Christmas Prizes: 1st - $4.00, 2nd - $3.00, 3rd - $2.00
119. Santa Claus, any medium
120. Decorated Box or Basket for Christmas, Decorations only to Count
121. Christmas Door Decoration, for inside or out
122. 3 Different Christmas Tree Decorations
123. Christmas Sewing Article, apron, placemats, runner etc.
124 Handmade "Hostess Gift", Christmas theme
125. Christmas Tree Skirt
126. Christmas Stocking, any medium
127. Christmas Centerpiece, not fabric
128. Reichard's Special: $15.00 Gift Certificate
Most points in Classes 1 to 14.
129. Spinrite Special: Gift Basket
Most points in classes 54 to 68
130. Ann Whale Special: Prize - $20.00
For A First Time Exhibitor, winning the most points, with at least five items
entered in the Home Crafts Division.
Please indicate on your entry tag if you are a first time exhibitor.(N.E)
131. Quilter's Nine Patch Special: $15 Gift Certificate for most points in classes 80 to 105
132. Home Craft Directors Special: Prizes: 1st - $10.00, 2nd - $3.00, 3rd - $ 2.00
A homemade article at least 50% Blue (afghan, pillow, quilt, etc.)
133. Lady Fair Directors Trophy, donated by Drayton Homecraft Directors
For the most points in Horticulture, Root & Vegetables, Leisure Arts & Crafts, Culinary Crafts, and Pickles & Preserves. Open to residents of Mapleton Township.
Last year's winner is not eligible
Group Display - Theme: "Cooking through the years"
Prizes 1st - $30.00, 2nd - $25.00, 3rd - $25.00 (No Entry Fee)
Open to all organized groups (e.g. Institutes, Churches, Seniors, Schools etc.).
Seven articles to be displayed, Two accessories plus a backdrop and table cover allowed.
*items are compulsory.
1. *Old Recipe Book
2. *5 Tea Biscuits on an old plate
3. 5 Ginger snaps on a plate
4. Mounted photo of an old cook stove or ice box
5. *Flower arrangement in an old container
6. Old bread baking tin or Iron frying pan
7. 1 jar homemade chili sauce
8. Sad iron
9. Old crock
10. *Bib apron
11. Oven mitts or pot holders
12. Butter press
13. 1 Jar applesauce
14. Antique salt & pepper